Thursday 5 July 2007

Koh Samui

I've been on Koh Samui for 5 days now. It's a nice island but the weather is overcast so I haven't been able to go to the beach at all which slightly defeats the object of being here! Oh well, of course I've been continuing the party where I left off on Koh Phangan instead. The Thai islands really are a hedonists playground, I've started calling it the Costa Del Asia! It's so unlike the rest of the region, it's almost like being at home with all the fast food outlets and shopping precincts.

Today is the last full day of my travelling circuit. I can't believe its gone so fast. I fly off to Bangkok tomorrow night, and straight on to Seoul from there. It'll be good to see my friends again, although the prospect of actually working for a living again is slightly daunting! Although, if I'm lucky it won't seem too much like work and might only take up 4 or 5 hours of my day.

3 comments:

J B said...

Where's the photos? Sounds like you need a holiday with all that travelling and partying!!! Good luck with the work, lol and keep off the Chang.
P.S. If you know anyone in Seoul who's interested in buying a shed load of wooden frogs let me know.

Rob Oates said...

Hi Scott

I finally caught up with your blogg after months of being sunk in work. At least that has paid off with another five years of funding. When are we going to get news of you from Seoul? And how do I get to view your photos? Is there some simple Blogg thing that old geezers cant work out?

Scott said...

Hello Jez, photos are on their way soon, if I waited for them to upload on Cambodian computers I'd still be in Phnom Penh! Sorry I think they're into slightly more high tech stuff than wooden frogs here! By the way if you fancy a visit for slightly long haul visa run let me know.

Rob, Seoul news is up and running! And the photos will be up shortly and you won't have to do anything to see them.